While reading please highlight 3 passages with one of the following marks:
- √ = Affirmation of own ideas or thinking.
- ! = Epiphany – New idea sparked from the passage.
- ? = Question is sparked from the passage.
Discussion Protocol: 3 Levels of Text Protocol by National Reform Faculty
- (2 min.) 1st volunteer shares one of their passages. Other participants silently listen.
- Explain what the passage means to self.
- Reflect on what implications does the passage may have on their professional practice.
- (2 min.) Other participants reflect aloud on their perspective on the passage(s) and volunteer’s comments. The volunteer silently listens.
- (2 min.)The entire team discusses the passage(s)
- Choose a new volunteer and repeat steps 1-3.
Let’s reflect on Authenticity with a silent conversation.
Resources for Starting & In-depth Learning Experiences
- PBL Guide Resources
- Keys to engaging & launching ALE/PBL Units & Student Voice
Videos of Authentic Learning Experiences
Anatomy of a Project: Give Me Shelter (Secondary)
Anatomy of a Project: Kinetic Conundrum (Middle School)
- 5th Grade Cancer Survivor at DuPont-Hadley @ MNPS (Middle School)